An exciting opportunity has become available for a passionate individual to join our team. In this role, you will you will be responsible for the effective and efficient administrative management of the school by providing corporate services and administrative support to the Principal. This position is in a part-time capacity for 15 hours a week.
Position status: Permanent
Position type: Part-time
Occupational group: Education & Training
Workplace Location: Rockhampton region
Job ad reference: QLD/CQR374885/21P
Closing date: 16-Jun-2021
Yearly salary; $26281 - $29162
Fortnightly salary: $1007.35 - $1117.81
Contact person: Shona Boardman
Contact details: (07) 4934 6128
Access the National Relay Service
About Bajool State School
Bajool State School is located in the township of Bajool which is 38kms South of Rockhampton. The school opened in 1888 and in 2013 celebrated 125 years of providing quality education to the Bajool and Alton Downs community.
As the Small Schools Business Manager you will have responsibility for, but not limited to, the following:
- Operate autonomously to undertake day to day office procedures within well-defined policies (e.g. reception, arranging appointments, correspondence, maintaining school records and general administration), and utilize information and management systems to support effective and efficient reporting and administration.
- Undertake the day to day supervision and management of school support staff, including monitoring workloads and performance (working in collaboration with the Principal for any difficult performance management situations), identifying workforce capability requirements, and role modelling performance standards.
- Oversee the signatories/approval of timesheets, leave applications, rosters, and arrange relief for school support staff, and organise, undertake and coordinate the recruitment, induction and training of school support staff.
- Assist the Principal with the preparation of the school budget and administer day to day financial matters (i.e. accounts payable/receivable, corporate card monitoring, reconciliations, banking), input and export data to/from OneSchool for the Principal, to assist with budgeting and financial management.
- Assist the Principal with the management and coordination of school resources, assets and facilities (e.g. maintaining the asset register, organising repairs, facilities and grounds maintenance, planning and review of minor works etc.), engage external advice where appropriate and offer problem resolution support.
- Arrange technical support/maintenance as required with regard to the operation of computers, ipads, digital whiteboards, scanning and other technology/equipment.
- Prepare minutes of meetings, policy documents, reports, forms, newsletters, prospectuses, memorandums, examination papers, class notes and school Annual Reports; draft, check and process correspondence, with guidance from the Principal concerning correspondence of a non-routine nature.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.