Classification: Teacher Level 1 (CIT)
Salary: $77,492 - $103,397 plus superannuation
Position No: 47152
Directorate: Canberra Institute of Technology
Contact Officer: Caroline Hughes on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6207 3308
Details: Experience the Difference, Make the Difference at CIT Yurauna.
Are you qualified and experienced in your vocation? Are you interested in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people? Are you ready to share your experiences to support our mob make their dreams a reality?
We are looking for people that have strong work ethics, experienced working with youth and/or mature age Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Seeking potential people that are engaging, prepared, creative and a team player.
At CIT Yurauna amazing teachers make the difference for our people. Teachers shape lives. One teacher can change a person’s world for the better. If you believe that you could fit this role please apply describing how and what you would bring to this role.
Eligibility/Other Requirements: Refer to the ACT Public Sector Canberra Institute of Technology (Teaching Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2019 – 2021, sub-Clause 40. New Teacher Level 1.1 to Teacher Level 1.6 with Vocational Education and Training (VET) responsibilities must:
- hold a Training and Assessment Certificate IV level qualification (such as a TAE40116 or equivalent).
- where the full qualification is not held, hold as a minimum prior to employment as an employee in any form, qualifications as required by the Standards for RTOs (Enterprise Trainer – Presenting Skill Set and/or Enterprise Trainer – Mentoring Skill Set and/or Enterprise Trainer and/or Assessor Skill Set); and
- complete the full qualification within 18 months of engagement and be supervised by a suitably qualified person.
- All employees at Teacher Level 1.7, 1.8, Teacher Level 2 and Manager Education Level 1 must hold a full Training and Assessment Certificate IV level qualification (such as a TAE40116 or equivalent) and a Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (or equivalent).
Mandatory qualifications to Work in CIT Yurauna:
- This is a designated position in accordance with s42, Discrimination Act 1991 and is only open to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage is considered essential and therefore a Confirmation of Aboriginality may be requested.
- Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804 .
- Current drivers licence.
- In accordance with sub-Clause 40.10 of the ACT Public Sector Canberra Institute of Technology (Teaching Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2019 – 2021.
- All employees at Teacher Level 1 or Level 2 are required to have relevant industry experience and vocational qualifications equal to that being taught, or as specified in the applicable training package or accredited curriculum specifications.
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to teaching Aboriginal programs and/or Language, Literacy and Numeracy.
Note: This is a temporary position available from March 2021 up until 29 December 2021 with the possibility of permanency.