Multiple locations - Statewide
The Department of Education is currently looking for Technologies Teachers to commence in 2021 and share their passion for subjects including Building and Construction Skills, Design, Engineering, Furnishing Skills, Industrial Graphics Skills, Industrial Technology Skills and Manual Arts in various state schools across Queensland.
Position status Permanent,Temporary
Position type Flexible-flex,Flexible-full-time,Flexible-part-time,Full-time,Part-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Workplace Location Brisbane - West,Cairns region,Central West Qld,Darling Downs - Maranoa,Far North Qld,Ipswich region,Logan - Beaudesert,Mackay region,Moreton Bay - North,Moreton Bay - South,North West Qld,Rockhampton region,South West Qld,Toowoomba region,Townsville region,Wide Bay
Job ad reference QLD/352191
Closing date 26-Jan-2021
Yearly salary $63350 - $95356
Fortnightly salary $2428.20 - $3655.00
Contact person Teacher Sourcing Team
Contact details TeacherRecruit.HR@qed.qld.gov.au
Access the National Relay Service
About the job
As a Technologies teacher, your responsibilities centre upon planning, preparing and delivering effective learning and teaching programs for every student in your classes.
- Plan, prepare and deliver quality and effective Technologies programs in line with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Create safe, supportive learning environments and effective behaviour management practices.
- Assess students for developmental, feedback and reporting purposes.
What is in it for you?
As the largest employer of teachers in Queensland the department has some attractive benefits for employees, including:
- attractive salary and benefits
- incentives for teaching in remote areas
- locality allowance in specified locations
- subsidised accommodation in specified locations
Multiple vacancies currently exist across the state for Technologies Teachers, commencing in 2021
- Blackall State School
- Dysart State High School
- Emerald State High School
- Mackay Engineering College
- Mackay Northern Beaches State High School
- Moranbah State High School (x2)
- Calliope State High School
- Sarina State High School (x2)
- Tannum Sands State High School
- Yeppoon State High School
Darling Downs South West:
- Harristown State High School (Toowoomba)
- Kingaroy State High School
- Miles State High School
- St George State High School
- Bowen State High School
- Heatley Secondary College
- Kirwan State High School
- Northern Beaches State High School
- Pimlico State High School
- Spinifex State College - Mount Isa - Senior Campus
Far North Queensland:
- Atherton State High School
- Bentley Park College (x3)
- Innisfail State College
- Mareeba State High School (x2)
- Woree State High School
- Brisbane State High School
- Bundamba State Secondary College
- Forest Lake State High School
- Mansfield State High School (x2)
- Rosewood State High School
- Runcorn State High School
- The Gap State High School
- Wavell State High School
- Woodcrest State College (x3)
- Wynnum State High School
- Bundaberg North State High School
- Hervey Bay State High School
- Narangba Valley State High School (temporary)
- Mabel Park State High School (temporary)
- Cleveland District State High School
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
How to apply:
- Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
Enter your personal details
- Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Complete the short questionnaire which will pop up after you complete your personal details
- Pre-service teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements and unofficial academic transcripts
*Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or. remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.*
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Suitable Applications will remain on file for 12 months and may be considered for other teaching vacancies in any school location.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
- Stream 1, Teacher, Various State Schools, State Schools Division, 16551 (Word, 203KB)